At Plum Logic, LLC (“Bookkeeper360,” “we, “us”) we consider the privacy of the users (“you,” “User”) of our website https://bookkeeper360.com/ (the “Website”) and the users of the various services described on the Website (the “Services”), and the security of the Personal Information we collect about them to be very important. This Privacy Notice describes the types of Personal Information we collect and record in and through the Website and the Services, and how we use and disclose Personal Information. As used in this Privacy Notice, "Personal Information" means any information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with an individual. This Privacy Notice applies only to Personal Information collected in and through the Website and/or the Services. This Privacy Notice does not apply to any information collected offline or via channels other than the Website and/or the Services.
I. COLLECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
a) Signing Up and Using the Services: When you sign up and use the Services, we may collect the following information from you that may, alone or in combination with other information, constitute Personal Information:
- Email Address
- Phone number
- Other information you may be required to submit in connection with the sign-up process.
b) When You Communicate with Us
When you communicate with us in and through the Website or the Services, e-mail us, or otherwise communicate with us, we collect the following identifiers that may, alone or in combination with other information, constitute Personal Information:
- Contact information such as email address; and
- Content of communications sent to us.
You have no obligation to provide the Personal Information described above, but if you don’t provide such Personal Information, we may not be able to respond to your communications to us.
Please note that you have the right to opt out of receiving electronic direct marketing communications, such as newsletters, from us. When you receive newsletters or promotional communications from us, you may indicate a preference to stop receiving further communications from us and you will have the opportunity to “opt-out” by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the e-mail you receive or by contacting us directly (please see contact information below). Should you decide to opt-out of receiving future mailings, we may share your e-mail address with third parties to ensure that you do not receive further communications from third parties. Despite your indicated e-mail preferences, we may send you notices of administrative nature of any updates to the Services or this Privacy Notice. If you have any additional questions about electronic direct marketing received from us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
c) Automatically Collected Information
Software used on the Website collects Internet or other electronic network activity information that may, alone or in combination with other information, constitute Personal Information:
- The domain from which you access the Website;
- The type of browser and operating system used in the device you use to access the Website;
- Internet Protocol (IP) address;
- The date and time you visited the Website (time stamp);
- The pages browsed on the Website;
- The website used to link to the Website from;
- Any search terms used to navigate the Website;
- A browsing session ID; and
- Whether you are a first-time visitor to the Website.
Google Analytics is an element of the Website. By using cookies, Google Analytics collects and stores data such as time of visit, pages visited, time spent on each page of the Website, the Internet Protocol address, and the type of operating system used in the devices used to access the Website. By using a browser plugin available at https://www.google.com/ads/preferences/plugin/ provided by Google, you can opt out of Google Analytics.
II. PURPOSES OF COLLECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
For Website and Services operations (i) To provide, operate, maintain, administer and improve the Website and/or the Services; (ii) to manage and communicate with you regarding your account with the Services, if you have one, including by sending you announcements relating to the Services, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages; (iii) to better understand your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with the Website; (v) to send you information about the Website and/or the Services by email (vi) to respond to your Website and/or Services-related requests, questions and feedback.
To communicate with you. If you request information from us, or register to use the Website and/or the Service, we may send you available materials but will provide you with the ability to opt out.
Administration and analysis: We use automatically collected information to administer the Website and we analyze (and may engage third parties to analyze) this information to improve and enhance the Website by, for example, expanding its features and functionality and tailoring it to our users’ needs and preferences.
To comply with law. We use Personal Information as we believe necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws, lawful requests and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities.
With your consent. We may use or share Personal Information with your consent, such as when you instruct us to take a specific action with respect to Personal Information.
To create de-identified data for analytics. We may de-identify Personal Information. We de-identify Personal Information by excluding information that makes the data personally identifiable to you, and use that de-identified data for our lawful business purposes.
For compliance, fraud prevention and safety. We use Personal Information about you as we believe necessary or appropriate to (a) enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Website and/or the Service; (b) protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others; and (c) protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity.
III. HOW WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We do not share or sell the Personal Information that you provide us with other organizations without your express consent, except as described in this Privacy Notice. We disclose Personal Information to third parties under the following circumstances:
- Service Providers. We may employ third party companies and individuals to administer and provide the Website and/or the Services on our behalf (such as hosting, website administration, email delivery, database management services, and data storage services). These third parties are permitted to use Personal Information about you only to perform these tasks only for lawful business purposes in accordance with the terms of the agreement(s) we have in place with such service providers and for no other purpose.
- Professional Advisors. We may disclose Personal Information about you to professional advisors, such as lawyers, auditors and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
- Business Transfers. As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, Personal Information may be part of the transferred assets. You acknowledge and agree that any successor to or acquirer of Bookkeeper360 (or its assets) will continue to have the right to use Personal Information and other information in accordance with the terms of this Privacy Notice.
- Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement; Protection and Safety. We may disclose Personal Information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as required by law, and disclose and use such information as we believe necessary or appropriate to (a) comply with applicable laws and lawful requests and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities; (b) enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Website; (d) protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others; and (e) protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity.
IV. YOUR RIGHTS & CHOICES
You have the following rights:
- If you wish to access Personal Information that Bookkeeper360 collects about you, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided under “How to Contact Us” heading below.
- If you have an account with the Service, you may review, update, correct or delete Personal Information in your registration profile by logging into your account. Account holders may also contact us to accomplish the foregoing or if you have additional requests or questions.
We seek to swiftly respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise these rights.
V. RETENTION OF INFORMATION
We will retain Personal Information we process in connection with the Website and/or the Services as long as such Personal Information is needed for purposes described in this Privacy Notice. If you have an account in connection with the Website, you can request the removal of Personal Information associated with your account by submitting a request through the account or by emailing us at email@example.com.. Please note that some Personal Information about you will be retained in backup systems following such deletion. If required by law, we will delete Personal Information by erasing it from our database.
VI. CHILDREN’S INFORMATION
The Website and/or the Services are not intended for use by anyone under the age of 16, nor does Bookkeeper360 knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from anyone under the age of 16. If you are under 16, you may not attempt to register for the Website or send any information about yourself to us. In the event that we confirm that we have collected Personal Information from someone under the age of 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information promptly. If you are a parent or legal guardian of a person under 16 and believe that we might have any information from or about such a person, please contact us.
We take reasonable and appropriate measures to protect Personal Information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction, taking into account the risks involved in the processing and the nature of the Personal Information. Despite these efforts to store Personal Information collected on and through the Website and/or the Services and otherwise by us in a secure operating environment that is not available to the public, we cannot guarantee the security of Personal Information during its transmission or its storage on our systems. Further, while we attempt to ensure the integrity and security of Personal Information, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third-parties such as so-called hackers from illegally obtaining access to Personal Information. We do not warrant or represent that Personal Information about you will be protected against, loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties.
VIII. CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
Changes to this Privacy Notice will be made when required in response to changing legal, technical or business developments. When we update our Privacy Notice, we will take appropriate measures to inform you, consistent with the significance of the changes we make.
You can see when this Privacy Notice was last updated by checking the “Last Updated” date displayed at the top of this Privacy Notice. The new Privacy Notice will apply to all current and past users of the Website and will replace any prior notices that are inconsistent with it.
California law requires us to let you know how we respond to web browser Do Not Track (DNT) signals. Because there currently isn’t an industry or legal standard for recognizing or honoring DNT signals, we don’t respond to them at this time.
X. HOW TO CONTACT US
If you require any more information or have any questions about this Privacy Notice or our practices relating to Personal Information, please feel free to contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. with the subject line “Questions about Privacy Notice”.